Physics Informed Machine Learning and Optimization for 3D Printing
After receiving his B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Brigham Young University, Brian worked at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory as a research engineer developing radiative-curing materials for advanced manufacturing techniques. He also spent a year at Google’s X, the moonshot factory working on materials optimization. As a PhD student, Brian on works multi-physics modeling and simulation of reaction kinetics in particle-laden inks & materials/process optimization. In his spare time, Brian is an avid endurance athlete.
Learn more from his personal website: https://bmhowell.github.io.
Multi-Physics Simulation of UV-Curing Kinetics in 3D Printing
3D-Printing of Dual-Curing Urethane Elastomers
2. Yehia, O. R., Howell, B. M., Gunduz, I. E., Son, S. F., & Bane, S. P. (2016). STIR: Investigation of Piezoelectric Reactives as Tunable Energetics for Advanced Munitions. Purdue University West Lafayette United States.
3. Alexander K.; Nelson M.; Howell, B. M.; Mejia C; Jones C; Reynolds P; and Arroyo J.A.; Differential Receptor for Advanced Glycation End-Products (RAGE) Expression in Preeclamptic, Intrauterine Growth Restricted, and Gestational Diabetic Placentas. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2015 Dec 19.
4. Jimenez F.R1.; Belgique S.T.; Lewis J.B.; Albright S.A.; Jones C.M.; Howell, B. M.; Mika A.P.; Jergensen T.R.; Gassman J.R.; Morris R.J.; Arroyo J.A.; Reynolds P.R.; Conditional pulmonary overexpression of Claudin 6(Cldn6) during embryogenesis delays lung morphogenesis. Int J Dev Biol. 2015 Jul 22.
1. Howell, B. M.; Giera B.; Murialdo, M.; Sullivan, K.; Machine Learning Informed Control Systems for Extrusion Printing Process. US 16/562,253.
2. Murialdo, M.; Giera, B.; Howell, B. M.; Panas, R.; Optical Authentication of Images. US 16/571.586.