Dynamic Optimization for Direct-Ink-Write Printing
After receiving his B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Brigham Young University, Brian worked at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory as a research engineer developing radiative-curing materials for advanced manufacturing techniques. As a PhD student in the Mechanical Engineering department, Brian on works multi-physics simulation of the deposition of particle-filled non-Newtonian fluids, feedback control, and process & materials optimization. In his spare time, Brian is an avid endurance athlete.
3D-Printing of Dual-Curing Urethane Elastomers
1. Howell, B. M.;, Cook, C. C.; Grapes, M. D.; Robertson, E. L.; Sullivan, K. T.; Duoss, E. B.; Bukovsky, E. V.; Spatially Controlled Printing of Dual-Curing Urethane Elastomers. Submitted to: Advanced Materials.
2. Alexander K.; Nelson M.; Howell, B. M.; Mejia C; Jones C; Reynolds P; and Arroyo J.A.; Differential Receptor for Advanced Glycation End-Products (RAGE) Expression in Preeclamptic, Intrauterine Growth Restricted, and Gestational Diabetic Placentas. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2015 Dec 19.
3. Jimenez F.R1.; Belgique S.T.; Lewis J.B.; Albright S.A.; Jones C.M.; Howell, B. M.; Mika A.P.; Jergensen T.R.; Gassman J.R.; Morris R.J.; Arroyo J.A.; Reynolds P.R.; Conditional pulmonary overexpression of Claudin 6(Cldn6) during embryogenesis delays lung morphogenesis. Int J Dev Biol. 2015 Jul 22.
1. Howell, B. M.; Giera B.; Murialdo, M.; Sullivan, K.; Machine Learning Informed Control Systems for Extrusion Printing Process. US 16/562,253.
2. Murialdo, M.; Giera, B.; Howell, B. M.; Panas, R.; Optical Authentication of Images. US 16/571.586.